The 2017 APEC summit will be held in Da Nang city in this November with the participation of Asia-Pacific economies leaders. With the theme ‘Creating a new momentum and cultivating the future’, the event will include discussions related to economic cooperation, trade and investment within the Asia-Pacific region.
The priorities of 2017 APEC discussions were identified as:
1. Promoting sustainable growth and creativity
2. Strengthening regional economic integration
3. Improving the competitiveness and creativity of microenterprises, SMEs in the digital era
4. Enhancing food security and sustainable agriculture
5. Coping with climate changes
Other than those topics, this will be the first year that APEC leaders agreed to organize cultural exchanges. This will help to increase mutual respect, dialogues and cooperation in maintaining peace. Nguyen Nguyet Nga, Senior Consultant to the Secretariat of APEC 2017 mentioned: “Cultural exchanges will not only help increase mutual understanding and friendship but also connect people”.
With the plan to host approximately 200 meetings including 20 ministry level events during the year and a one-week summit, Vietnam hopes to promote its rich traditional culture and friendly people as well as to contribute to the development, peace and prosperity of the Asia Pacific Region.